Monday 19 April 2010

Photoshop: Digital Telephone Box


My second concept of digital signage is a
digital telephone box.

I am going to use this image and edit it on photoshop in order to paste on my advertisement of digital signage for New Look.
Uusing the polygonal lasso tool, i cut around the inside of the phone box and deleted it. I was left with a checkered background, so i filled the background in white. This will be the canvas for my New Look advertisement.


I chose an image i wanted to use for my digital advertisement of Taylor Momsem.
I then pasted it onto the white background of the telephone box. However, the image looked a bit pixelated and wasnt as crisp as i wanted it so i decided to change my image.

This is the new image of Taylor Momsen that i chose.
I pasted it onto my white background.

Then I added the new look logo.
I played around with the image moving it around on different levels in order to see which position worked best.



I like the positioning best with the image at the bottom of the space. Even though it leaves a lot of white space, i like the levels and the balance as it isnt quite equally balanced but it is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
I made the new look logo bigger and centeralised it.

In order to fill some of the white space and to add something more to the display, I added the text 'GET THE GOSSIP GIRL LOOK' then below in a font that represented stylistic handwriting, it says 'TAYLOR MOMSEM'. it almost looks like a signature, and adds a more personal touch to the campaign instead of just her photograph.

Signage: Digital Telephone Box
Location: Outdoors, Highstreet
Digital Functions: Digital screen that changes to various images of New Look’s product range. The screen is double-sided; has the same function inside the phone box as well as the outside.
Target: Passers-by, phone-box users.


1 comment:

  1. Your articles support me a lot in all mediums of subjects.
    click here

    ReplyDelete