Monday 19 April 2010

Photoshop: Digital Billboard

My first concept of digital signage for my client New Look is a digital billboard.

I am going to use this image and edit it on photoshop in order to change the image on the billboard into my advertisement of digital signage for New Look.

Firstly, using the polygonal lasso tool, i cut around the inside of the billboard and deleted it. I was left with a checkered background, so i filled the background in white. This will be the canvas for my New Look advertisement.


Looking at advertisement campaigns for New Look, i selected a model that my client had used in their campaigns, as a form of CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT as a way of promotion and to get people to buy into their products. In this case it was Taylor Momsem. I selected three images of her to incorporate into my New Look digital billboard in order to promote my client.


On photoshop, i resized the images so that they would fit onto the billboard, and opened them into the window. I did this for all the images.


I then incorporated the New Look logo to show a clear recognition of the brand identity.


I thought that my digital billboard looked a bit plain as the full length body shots left a lot of space and white area around the model. So, i decided to change the images, and use some closer cropped shots so i could make them bigger and fill the white space up a bit so there wouldnt be a lot of plain space around the images. The model i chose was Alexa Chung, as she has also been used to model for New Look campaigns for celebrity endorsemnent.

Applying the same process to these images as i did to the images of Taylor Momsem, i applied the closer cropped images of Alexa onto the billboard.


I applied the New Look sign, rotating it a bit to fit with the billboard as it is on an angle.
However, i still felt like there was a lot of white space around the model making the billboard look plain.
I tried moving the new look logo into the middle, still looking a bit plain and simple.

In order to maintain the simplicity but to fill in the space a bit, i added 'ALEXA CHUNG FOR' just above the new look logo. I changed the font to a type of stylistic hangwriting to give it a bit more character, as if Alexa had wrote it herself.
Signage: Digital Billboard
Location: Outdoors, Roadside
Digital Functions: Digital screen that changes to
various images of Alexa Chung modelling different
clothes from New Look’s product range.
Target: Passers-by, drivers

I think it is simple yet effective, and i like the idea of the digital billboard.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences with a digital billboard. They are a great way to advertise and market your business or products. Digital signs allow you to change your message with ease and display various advertisements from the same board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider LinkedIn to be a Flashing Digital Billboard that I change every Sunday at 3:30. I call this changing my oil. A resume is an historical document highlighting past jobs, achievements, education, and community involvement.

    ReplyDelete