Wednesday 4 November 2009

Project One

My first project is to find an article in a magazine that inspires me and to reproduce it. The magazine I choose is POP magazine, issue Autumn/Winter 2009.




POP was a magazine that I have never read before. The bold colours and busy front cover made the magazine stand out from the rest on the shelf.
Flicking thorugh the magazine, I immediately enjoyed the way in which the magazine was layed out. Different types of paper was used through out the magazines, almost like magazine inserts of articles within the actual magazine. I liked the different quality, textures and different sizing of the paper of these insert-like articles. I thought this really added to the diversity of the magazine, and kept me intregued, and instantly wanting to flick through the rest of the magazine to see what other clever techniques had been used in order to keep the reader interested.

I thought that POP was quite different compared to most mainstream fashion magazines on the market because the content was quite diverse and varied. I think POP is a magazine aimed at people who are interested in fashion, art and photography. The articles are more complex and sophisticated in comparison to other fashion magazines.



My Chosen Article

The article i chose to reproduce is an article about a 13 year old fashion blogger; Tavi Gevinson. The article interested me as I love fashon blogs, and I am a follower of Tavi's blog, Style Rookie; www.tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com
I am intergued by this 13 year old girl who has such an advanced knowledge and interest of fashion, and has become one of the most well known fashion bloggers in the world, since starting her blog at the age of 11. The article also includes an interview with Tavi, alongside another 3 fashion bloggers that discuss the importance of blogging.












No comments:

Post a Comment